Live. Love. Chardonnay. blogger Taylor Hage shares her must-sees in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
What do you love about Minneapolis?
TH: I have lived in Minneapolis for 4 years. Even in just the last year, Minneapolis has changed significantly. Our downtown area is growing and expanding and more people are enjoying the Urban lifestyle and activities that downtown has to offer. There are so many cute cafes and restaurants to explore. I also really enjoy how active the city is.
It's probably not a surprise that my favorite things to do in Minneapolis are hang out in coffee shops/cafes, go shopping, and go on walks. I usually spend most of my time in the North Loop, Downtown, St. Anthony Main, and Uptown neighborhoods.
The city in 3 words
"Underrated, Active, and Trendy."
Favorite places to shop
TH: My favorite subject......SHOPPING! Minneapolis has so many different neighborhoods and each neighborhood seems to have their own cute little boutiques. I really enjoy shopping at Cliché (in Uptown), Roe Wolfe (in Edina in the Galleria) and Covered (also Uptown). They also all carry BB Dakota!
Can't-miss coffee spots
TH: Minneapolis actually has some seriously amazing places to grab a latte and a light bite. They are not only aesthetically pleasing (Instagram heaven), but the coffee and drinks are out of this world. I have had lattes in New York and LA and in other places in the country and nothing compares to the ones here in Minneapolis. Three of my absolute favorites are...
- Urban Bean - Hands down the best coffee in the city. You have to order the iced Honey Bear with oat milk! You will not be disappointed. It's also a great place to snag some free wifi and get work done. The vibe is unlike any other coffee shop in the city. Don't forget your camera, because the wall mural in this place is amazing!
- The Lynhall - This place has some super creative and fun drinks! This is where I get the blue iced latte called The Birds And The Bees!!!! Also........the fries are my fav (and don't get me started on the aioli!)
- The Bachelor Farmer - You can find this little cafe tucked in the back of the North Loop neighborhood. They have some really tasty pastries and the latte art is always on point.
More must-see sites to visit
TH: Another thing I love about Minneapolis is how active the city is. There are so many great parks, rivers and lakes. You can walk, bike, run around the lakes or take a leisurely stroll over the stone arch bridge. The best thing is that all my favorite trails are right in the city. It makes the city so walkable. Oh.....and most of my favorite trails have amazing restaurants and cafes nearby! Two places you MUST visit are...
- Stone Arch Bridge - This bridge has the best views of the city and also some really cool historic ruins! It’s the perfect mix of nature and city life. If you are in the city during the 4th of July....this is THE place to see the fireworks!
- Bde Maka Ska - This lake is right in the heart of Minneapolis. It's so relaxing to walk or jog around. It is a little nature oasis right outside of Uptown and the perfect bit of tranquility in the middle of the city. In the summer you can paddle board, paddle boat or sail on the lake. One of my favorite things is running around the lake at sunrise!
Advice for first-timers
TH: The North Loop neighborhood in downtown is the best for literally every activity. It has the best restaurants and cafes in the city! It's one of the trendiest and fastest growing neighborhoods in Minneapolis.
Also, If you are anything like me and do not like the cold combined with two feet of snow, I recommend visiting between April and November.
Taylor Hage is the 29 year old blogger and wine lover behind Live. Love. Chardonnay., a fashion and lifestyle blog dedicated to sharing her #ChardonnayStyle with the world.